About Me

My photo
Vancouver Island BC., Canada
Welcome to the place where I exercise my right to be commentator, advocate, or as some might see it, babbler. What ever your take is, this is where I can take what I have seen and try to make sense by writing it out. Take the ride or don't but I hope something here will resonate with someone out there. My take on humanity right now? We aren't getting it right, but I like to think that given a second chance, we could all get it right. If you do venture into my ramblings I hope you can stay a minute and read two of my posts. They are "Innocence Lost, A Challenge Gained" and "The Hollywood Glandslide" I am a journalism student but please don't read these with a critical eye. I have not stopped to punctuate correctly, nor have I "essayified" them. These are written when the thoughts strike me, and therefore I do not want to "pretty them up." I wanted to catch my thoughts as they came and then later on go back and read them to see if my ideas change over time. Please feel free to comment, this may have a bearing on whether or not my ideas do change. And change... if for the better, is always a step in the right direction.

Monday, March 19, 2007


Some days you just want to smile and have the whole world smile back.
This ain't one of those days!
Sorry but it's true. I just got back from school after handing in something cuz I missed school again today. Second week I have been sick and I have to make it to school otherwise I am in jeopardy of being exempt from my English exam.
Gah! I just want to feel human!!!! I am posting a poem I wrote, sure hope nobody likes it enough to plagerize, although I hope someone likes it enough to think about it!
It's a poem I wrote the other day cuz I was sick and tired of being sick and... well you know the rest. Yah I know kind of emotionally dramatic, but hey even happy bunny over there can't break through this blah!
ok here it is... a little depressing but hey, I'll get over it.


Poisonous Claw
Morning comes, no greetings of joyful abandon
No thoughts of walking in beautiful sunrises
The only thought that is entertained is the want for death,
or at the very least, hibernation for months till maybe just maybe,
this body could wake, feeling bearish but alive.
If only I was a bear that awakes grumpy and hungry, and when it's belly fills,
it feels alive, ready.
This thought is a good one, but alas never for me.
I instead, am condemned to awaken
with the feeling that someone shot me in the night,
with a poison quill.
Every morning it is as if
the quill is laid to rest within my flesh,
and it's poison is doing what it was made for.
Silent it crawls through my cells of blood,
making it's way through my nerve endings.
My nerves feel the poison,
they let it wrap around them like,
a voracious vine looking for sun,
each tentacle wrapped tighter, tighter,
till it is anchored in just....
the right place and the creeping stops.
This is what I wake to,
this is my life... what everyone else deems the start of a new day.
Do I want to start this new day, with it's poisonous claw?
Yes.... and I always will.
written by c.h march 19/2007

No comments: